Organizational Development | Project Management | Employee Engagement
Accomplished, versatile performer with MS in Organization Development & Leadership, graduate training in Project Management, and 8 years of progressive business experience.
- Dedicated to optimizing business performance through employee engagement, training, and leadership development.
- Diplomatic, engaging, consultative communicator with unique strength in managing difficult conversations through effective interviewing, listening, and negotiation skills. Strong business writing, authoring business processes, employee manuals, and critical client communications.
- Confident, approachable, natural leader versed in recruiting, scheduling, training, coaching, collaborating, and relationship building with colleagues, customers, and vendors.
- Enthusiastic, organized, and productive with skills in event planning and project management.
- Analytical problem-solver dedicated to improving processes and cross-training for improved productivity, efficiency, and customer service.
- Valued as motivated key contributor who takes initiative, seeks constructive criticism, finds creative solutions, and embraces new challenges in demanding environments.
Promoted to investigate, negotiate, and close complex auto insurance claims for bodily injury and property damage, ensuring compliance to strict company policy and industry regulations. Deliver fair, timely, customer-focused management, achieving >90% settlement rate within specified timelines while exceeding customer service standards. Manage caseload of up to 50 complex claims.
Additional contributions and accomplishments:
- Serve as Training Lead. Train and mentor new team members resulting in three promotions and greater team productivity. Support newly promoted staff members to assure successful performance in demanding new roles. Author and update a 50-page new hire manual for the claims adjuster role.
- Assist in planning and execution of employee engagement and teambuilding events, including employee gatherings, team competitions, charitable and community outreach events
- Cultivate a reputation for Progressive Westminster as a local 'employer of choice' through employee-friendly initiatives, boosting engagement, teamwork, and morale.
- Researched, proposed, developed, and project-managed a flex scheduling program, elevating productivity and engagement of 200+ employees throughout Colorado.
- Earned the "Throughput Award" in 2007 for highest productivity and customer service among 200+ Claims Reps in Colorado.
- Selected to serve as a Managed Repair Representative (2011), managing key vendor relationships and assuring attainment of service level agreements.
Hired, trained, mentored, scheduled, and managed a staff of four charged with protecting profitability of one of region’s highest revenue stores.
- Created theme-based training program for a store staff of 100+; recognized as the state’s best loss prevention training program.
- Assisted in the development and implementation of shortage plans, engaging management and employees through education on the impacts of fraud and loss.
- Monitored all departments to deter, detect, document, and prosecute unlawful staff/shopper activities. Produced statistical reports, case logs, surveillance and internal investigations.
- Promoted from Loss Prevention Officer within three months of hire.
Client Liaison | Project Management Consultant supporting an independent video game designer in developing software development proposals, project scope, and project documentation serving key client Sesame Workshop. 2010 to Present
Key courses: Organizational Change, Strategic Management & Financial Reports Analyst, Leading in Changing Economies, Malcolm Baldridge Quality, Delivering Business Process Improvement, Leading Projects in Contemporary Organizations, Management of Project Performance, Project Monitoring and Delivery, Ethical Decision-making, Leadership Management, Graduate Research.
Employer-sponsored Professional Development: Leadership Development, Bridging the Gap (business process development and cross-training)
Technical skills: Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Proprietary CRM systems, advanced internet research skills, Microsoft Project, Mac and PC